Quaker Heritage Press > Books in
Books in Print
from Quaker Heritage Press
- Robert Barclay's Apology for the True Christian Divinity
(original text of 1678, not the "modern English" edition that has been the only version
in print for many years). See online text of its editorial introduction and appendix for a description of this edition and
the reasons for it. QHP edition (with Peter D. Sippel) 2002. viii + 536 pp. $24.00.
- Works of James Nayler, vol. 1. This is the first of four volumes, the first complete edition of the works of this early
Quaker (1618-1660) who was second only to George Fox in his leadership role during
1652-1656. Based on original editions and manuscripts. Volume 1 covers 1653-54. QHP
edition 2003. x + 566 pp. $25.00.
- Works of James Nayler, vol. 2. Volume 2 covers 1655. QHP
edition 2004. iv + 604 pp. $25.00.
- Works of James Nayler, vol. 3. Volume 3 covers 1656. QHP
edition 2007. v + 762 pp. $28.00.
- Works of James Nayler, vol. 4. Volume 4 covers 1657-60.
QHP edition 2009. vi + 474 pp. $22.00.
- The Old Discipline: Nineteenth-Century Friends' Disciplines in
America. The classic Quaker book of discipline varied little from the end of the 18th century
until, in some cases, the early 20th. This volume reprints disciplines of the eight oldest yearly
meetings in America and tracks their changes through separations and revisions. QHP edition
1999. iv + 476 pp. $20.00.
- Historical Writings of Quakers Against War. Includes Thomas
Lurting's The Fighting Sailor Turned Peaceable Christian, Jonathan Dymond's Inquiry
into the Accordancy of War with the Principles of Christianity, and three smaller works. QHP
edition 2002. iv + 188 pp. $10.00.
- Job Scott's Essays on Salvation by Christ and the debate following
their publication. Includes Job Scott's preface and three essays, transcribed from the 1831
Works and compared to the 1824 printing by Emmor Kimber; also Luke Howard's
Letter to a Friend in America, Benjamin Ferris's Letter from a Friend in America to
Luke Howard, an anomymous reply to Ferris, an 1881 article in the Philadelphia
Friend criticizing publication of Scott's essays, a reply by George Pitt in defense of his
edition, and Job Scott's last epistle. QHP second edition 2010 (the shorter 1993 edition is out of
print). vi + 186 pp. $10.00.
- Works of Isaac Penington, vol. 1. This republication of Penington's collected works improves on the last edition (1863) by
giving dates for most articles, and including a few items that were not in earlier collections.
Volume 1 contains Isaac Penington's writings from 1658 to about 1660. Also includes J. Bevan's
1830 review of Penington's writings, and a paper written by Penington before he became a
Quaker ("A Touchstone or Trial of Faith," 1648). QHP edition 1995. vi + 538 pp.
- Works of Isaac Penington, vol. 2. Contains tracts and
letters written from about 1660 to 1666. QHP edition 1994. iv + 508 pp. $18.00.
- Works of Isaac Penington, vol. 3. Contains Penington's
writings from 1667 to about 1678, including 83 pages of Penington's personal letters of advice
and admonition. QHP edition 1996. vi + 538 pp. $21.00.
- Works of Isaac Penington, vol. 4. Contains Penington's
posthumously published writings, plus a new 38-page index to the 4-volume set. QHP edition
1997. vi + 474 pp. $20.00.
All books are hardbound, 8 3/4" x 5 3/4".
Quaker Heritage Press
299 High Street
Farmington, ME 04938
If payment is enclosed, postage will not be charged on orders shipped within the USA. Due to
an increase in international postal rates, prepaid orders from other countries are no longer
postage-free but are still at a reduced rate (US dollars please); please contact us <email@example.com> for details.
Sorry, we are not set up to handle credit cards, or to take orders directly from this
This page last modified 2/16/2010.